Our TTC Journey

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another Bleeding Episode

Cue very huge sad face!

Last night we were waiting in the line to buy fireworks. I had to pee, so I decided to walk to the nearest gas station (a very small walk away). While on my way to go pee, I felt a gush down there. I figured it was just come crazy pregnancy CM that I've been having sometimes. I get to the bathroom, pull down my shorts and panties, and my panties and shorts are filled with red blood. I didn't freak out. I also did not have my cell phone to relay the news. I was like "Great, the one time I decide to leave my phone in the car!" I was horrified by the fact that I had to leave the gas station with blood ALL OVER my sorts. I tried to walk as fast as I could out of the store with my legs as closed as possible. I don't think anyone saw me. Thank the good Lord it was dark outside. I calmly walk to the car thinking, "Really??? Is this REALLY happening on a HOLIDAY??" I jump in the car where my mom and sister are at. My husband was still standing in line for fireworks. I plop myself in the back seat and say, "I have bad news." My mom looked back at me and I opened my legs to she her the blood all over my shorts. I told her to get my husband and tell him we're going home. She did, and we left. When we got to my house I went straight to the bathroom, took my clothes off, and sat on the toilet. I just sat there and balled my eyes out. Blood was dripping from me into the toilet. I heard a loud splash in the toilet and just KNEW this wasn't good. I looked in the toilet but did not see any clots or tissue. I wasn't in any pain at all.

To make a long story short, I decided to go to sleep to see if my bleeding continued  through the night. The OB office told me the last time I was there that if you start bleeding, you have to go to the ER if you are not passed 20 weeks yet. Being 7 weeks 2 days yesterday, my only choice was to go to the ER. Well, I knew the ER would laugh at me. They told me to not come in unless I was in pain/or bleeding through 2 pads an hour. I decided to sleep on it. This morning I decided to call my RE and ask if he could move my 8 week appointment to tomorrow and they did. I will be having an u/s tomorrow morning at 8am. I'm terrified, but since my bleeding has stopped and it's not just tinted brown every time I wipe, I feel better. It's almost how the last bleeding episode happened, just with a huge gush of blood instead of wiping only pink. Either way this goes, I am so blessed by God. We can get pregnant naturally. Of course I want this little baby to stay put. But if God decided that it wasn't time for us yet again, then I'm 100% behind every choice made by Him. I just pray that He keeps little bean healthy and really sticky in my uterus. Praying that we see growth and an amazing little heartbeat tomorrow morning. Tonight is going to be VERY difficult.... I hope I'll be able to sleep.

Oh, I think the bleeding episode was caused by my crinone gel. I've been getting HUGE buildups of gray clumpy material. I know it's the gel. I just wonder if the gel is the culprit? The buildup could have caused my cervix to be irritated. I don't know, but I am praying that all is well and we can move on from the horrible night last night!

4 comments:

  1. God is good....all the time! I'm praying and will be checking in tomorrow for an update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 6 wks and 4 days when this happened to me .... the ER had no clue what they were really doing. They did do an ultrasound noting that the babies were slightly behind in growth and sent me home ... later with my follow-up the RE office I had a clot that I had passed and that was the cause of the bleeding ... you can read about both appointments on my blog. Im hoping and wishing that all is well at your appointment and that it was just a a little scare!

    http://www.tearshopeandlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/scary-day.html

    http://www.tearshopeandlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/ultrasound-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Belinda. Every time I have any questions or concerns, you're always there to inform me in some way! I really appreciate it more than you know! It was comforting knowing that something similar happened to you at around the same time in pregnancy. Praying all is well...and I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy, too. I read your blog often! :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry this is happening! Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete