Our TTC Journey

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Almost appointment time!

Tomorrow at 8:45 am is our appointment with Dr. Haas (RE). He's doing another post coital test to make sure the last one was accurate because we didn't BD at the correct time (oops!). I'm pretty sure it will come out fine and that we will see tons of DH's swimmers under the microscope on that little TV. I'm amused easily, so seeing his swimmers like this was very entertaining. :x Haha! Anyway, so it's also CD 13 tomorrow and he will be doing an ultrasound to check my follicles from being on Clomid. Since this is our first month going this route I feel positive about this. Since I ovulate around CD 19-20, he said it's possible that it's just too late in my cycle for my body to accept a pregnancy. So if my follicles are ready tomorrow, they will administer the HCG trigger shot to make me ovulate. I'm really praying my follicles are matured! Because if not, I may end up ovulating as if I would have normally done. I worry about this because I only took 25mg of Clomid. We will see how this works out. I'm praying for the best. Like I said, I feel very positive about this but at the same time I feel like it's not going to work. I feel like we're going to need more invasive treatments to be successful in this. I pray that we wont have to go into more treatments, but you always have to hope for the best and expect the worst because then you wont be so disappointed in the end.

Every time DH brings up something that he wants to buy that is pricey, I REALLY want to be able to let him buy it. But in the back of my head I think, "We could be using that money for IUI or in case it gets that far, for IVF." I feel so bad that we have to plan around buying stuff we'd like to buy, especially for my DH. He has SO many things he wants. We both want a baby. If IUI or IVF is the way it will happen, well he will just have to wait on those other materialistic things. We're not getting any younger. I know 25 & 26 is pretty young, but if we put it off for any longer, before you know it we will be 30! My goal is to have at least one child before the age of 30! I know I have to be patient and in time it will happen.

Anyway, Facebook is evil. Just like other infertiles would say, it's packed with pregnancy announcements and photos of babies, toddlers, and happy families enjoying their children. ~sigh~ I don't know why I torture myself by not blocking posts from people who have infants or are recently pregnant. I find myself looking through their pictures and having so much envy. It just really stinks when all you see are fertile people around you and you're the only one who knows how it feels to not be able to get that one thing you've been praying for, for a long time. God is good, don't get me wrong, I just need to keep praying that he will keep us both healthy. He has the right timing. :) I trust Him! I just need to be a bit more patient!

I will more than likely be updating after tomorrows scan. ~fingers crossed there's a couple mature follies!~


~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment