Our TTC Journey

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clean Teeth!

I have been dreading this darn dentist appointment for the past month. I hadn't been to the dentist since before we go married(3+ yrs), because me moved and I was too "busy" to schedule one.

So I went to my appointment today with my old dentist. I got there 20 minutes before my appointment and waited at least 35 minutes in the waiting room to be seen. (Talk about torture!!) So I was finally called in to be seated and ended up getting the whole x-ray thing of my mouth. I was quite nervous because I didn't think I took care of my teeth as much as I should have over the past 3 years. But, surprisingly, my dental hygienist said that my teeth look pretty good compared to some after not being cleaned for 3 years, Lol. I was so worried about getting another cavity or something was terribly wrong like I might have to get a root canal done. I swear, sometimes I think the worst. Maybe that's what God is trying to tell me? Calm down, stay positive, and things will work out in the end. They always do, right? I am pleased to say that I HAVE A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH FROM MY DENTIST! Praise God!!!!! And I have a nice polished, shiny smile! :D Can you tell my excitement? I am so glad that is OVER!!! At least part of my body wants to be normal, right?

I have been reading lots of blogs lately of those who are trying to get over the hump of infertility. It really, in a strange way, helps me get those thoughts of being "alone" in this situation out of my head. I am not alone, but it breaks my heart to see so many women and men who have to go through such heartbreak. I only pray that God will heal all of them and bring joy into their lives. He will do good things if you ask and praise him for what he has done. It really amazes me how I look back at my life and see how much He has blessed me and I thank him every day for it. We are blessed, and sometimes we just have to take a minute to appreciate everything we DO have, and not what we DON'T. :)

~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment