Our TTC Journey

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Second IUI cycle & Christmas!

I am so excited to say that AF came after 2 days of spotting thinking it could possibly be implantation bleeding. I did have hope for the last cycle, since I know I can get pregnant. But I knew in the back of my head there was little chance because the past natural cycles haven't gotten us anywhere. We hit the year mark for actively trying this month, but it has been 3 years of hoping, wishing, praying, and believing that one day it would happen. It has been a long road. I am so grateful to have been pregnant, even if I knew about it for only a week. So I can't say say that these 3 years have been a complete failure, because they haven't. I have learned so much about myself, my husband, and I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for these past few years. Infertility really stinks. You have to learn to be patient, believe in miracles, and just pray that it WILL happen.

So with this new cycle, and our IUI coming up (God willing) I have a really cautious mind. I know that not all IUI's work every time. The first one worked like a charm, and I feel like this second one will in some way fail? I don't know. I just don't feel like we will get lucky twice. But then again, I have no control over that. I will take what will happen and roll with the punches. I guess either way, I just have to tell myself that I got pregnant once, sooner or later it will happen again, even if it's not during this second IUI month. God is really helping me, though. I believe that we will have a take home baby one day. Until that day comes, I will praise him for the future he will give our family. I just know everything will turn out perfectly for our family but we just have to go through a few road blocks to get there. :)

Oh, I am so ready for Christmas! This year my DH and I decided to give each other 100 bucks, and a list of inexpensive things we wanted for Christmas. I have already gotten almost everything that DH wants. The whole point of this was to make a huge list of things, but it doesn't mean we will get everything on our lists, so it's a surprise. I'm kind of excited to see what he chose off my list. I know he will be so happy to see that he got EVERYTHING on his list. I made it work by using lots of coupons and shopping around for the best deals.

For everyone else in our family I am making little bags of treats including; puppy chow, a chocolate snack mix, snicker doodles, and peanut butter brownies. This is our 3rd year doing this kind of gift. I LOVE seeing everyone enjoy our treats. Only one more week to go! I love my life! We just need a bundle of joy (or a couple) to share the joy of life with. I am so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment