Our TTC Journey

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CD 4 Appt Update & My first injection!

I went to my appointment this morning at the crack of dawn. I was very nervous to see if we were going to be able to give Follistim a go or not. I really didn't want to have any cysts or anything. We(MIL & I) got to the office 15 minutes early and then they sent me back to jump on the table and spread my legs. (sounds fun, right?) I waited in the room for at least 10 minutes before anyone saw me (not usual). It was almost excruciating because I was so ready to know if this cycle would be a go or not because we have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER since the chemical. The doctor came in, took my blood, went out, came back in and did the baseline ultrasound. PERFECT! Everything is A-OK! :) I was super excited but for some reason, it's hard to show my true feelings with this doctor and I really don't know why. lol

He told me to get dressed and to meet him in the consult room so I could be taught how to use the Follistim Pen. I went and grabbed MIL and she came into the consult room with me. We sat there for at least 20 minutes. I think today was a SUPER busy day in the office, plus the normal nurse was gone. I met a new nurse whom I've never seen before and asked her a few questions about when she started working here. She said she had started in December and you could tell she was still getting the hang of everything. Anyway, the nurse finally came in to "teach" me how to use the Follistim Pen and she was really no help at all. She used a sample pen and cartridge they had but she showed me nothing about how to put the needle on and all that good stuff. I felt like it was a waste of 20 minutes in the consult room. :/ Kind of brought me back to when we were in that room when the RE gave us the news that we unfortunately were having a chemical pregnancy. But I kept my spirits up because I was so excited about moving onward with this new step in our journey.

I ended up looking up a video online of how to use the Follistim Pen and it was so much more informative than the new nurse was. So yeah, my dosage is 75 IU for 7 days. He said he wanted me back on Valentines Day to do a follicle check. Horray! I REALLY hope we trigger on V-Day! That would be super neat! :) My first injection will be when my hubby gets home....we'll see how this goes. It should go fine!

God is good. I thank him so much for making it a great appointment and helping us move forward. So excited for what is to come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment